Friday, November 14, 2008

I've Been Bomboozled!

My roommate's brother challenged her via Facebook, to beat his score on a computer game called Bomboozled. To make a long story short, she got most of us addicted to the game and for a week or week and a half, I was playing during all of my free time and also when I should have been doing homework. But not only this, I was playing Bomboozle in my head all of the time- during class, while watching tv or movies, but most importantly, while trying to fall asleep, while sleeping, and as soon as I awoke to consciousness. I felt my refreshment in the mornings diminished because my mind was playing Bomboozled all of the time. This last weekend or earlier this week, I told my roommates I was not going to play the game if it was not already in an opened window on the computer because it was negatively affecting my life. And since then, I have not seen the game opened, anyone else in the house playing it, and I've slept a lot better and have not had Bomboozled dreams since!!! I feel MUCH better!

Bomboozled is comparable to Tetris in some ways. You're trying to connect same patterns and when you get a chain of three or more of the same color, they disappear and you get more points the more you have in a chain. To help you reset when there are no more plays, you can detonate bombs and it essentially resets your playing field and you, again, try to get all the points you can. It really is a fun game- so fun I could not stop playing. If you're bored and interested in checking it or many other fun, mindless games (which is good when your brain is fried from other things), check out mindjolt.com and you should see Bomboozled, as well as tons of other games.

No comments: