Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wedding Pictures

I have finally gotten my wedding pictures. Right now I am going to post a few of the random shots my friends and family took. I will be adding more, including the professional pictures, in the near future.



I was pretty excited about this cake. It is an ice cream cake from Cold Stone. In Missoula, where we live, they make actual wedding cakes (stack them, decorate them like elaborate wedding cakes, etc). So I went into the Cold Stone in Idaho Falls to order a similar wedding cake and they did not do that kind of thing there. I had a minor mental breakdown, but someone (either Nick or my friend Jena) said we could do it ourselves. So I ordered the individual cakes in varying flavors and Jena stacked and decorated it. I think it turned out perfect. I was going for simple, and Jena hit the nail on the head. Thanks for your help and sanity!
Obviously, we could not display this cake throughout the whole reception, so we just took it out for pictures and to serve and the end. Unfortunately, the only bite of my wedding cake I got was the one Nick gave me when we cut it. It went SUPER fast. It was supposed to serve 40-50 people and I don't think there were even than many people there at the time. But I think the pieces were probably cut bigger than the serving size would indicate AND I blame my piggy nieces and nephews for probably having more than one piece. Consequently, Nick is going to get me my own Cold Stone cake to make up for my inability to enjoy the wedding cake. Sweet guy, eh!!!!

Nick doing one of his famous poses

This picture makes me laugh. We both look so ponderous, or confused. I'm not sure what's going on...

The Happy Couple

I LOVE YOU!

Mr. & Mrs. Nicholas Werner

We tried to avoid the decorating of the car by parking it behind the church, about a mile away. So my nieces and nephews put crepe paper on Nick's sister and brother-in law's car that we rode to the reception in. However, Nick's parents brought the car to the house after the reception (much after, but most of my nieces and nephews were still there) and they got to the car after all.


My mom and dad
More pictures to follow. Stay tuned!

No comments: