... back to reality. My new husband, Nick, and I returned from our honeymoon in New Zealand last Friday. We spent that weekend in Firth, ID with my parents for my niece Kate's baptism and we were able to see my niece and nephew, Dakota and Sayer, run in a cross country race. It's called the Mud Run, as they do it at the Sandy Downs horse race track which is full of sand dunes. They get the course all muddy and they have to pass through the muck three times, among some other obstacles throughout the course. It was fun to see them run. This is Dakota's third year running and I hadn't watched her yet and Sayer's first year. They are in 6th and 7th grade.
My wedding and honeymoon were awesome. I will update more on those with pictures later. Right now I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've just gotten caught up on all of your recent blogs and that's been fun. I've missed a lot. This summer has been crazy with traveling for family reunions, wedding planning, and then the honeymoon. We've been away from home in Missoula much more than we've been here. But we're settling in now and ready to be home for awhile.
We got back to Missoula Sunday evening, opened our wedding gifts, and I started school Monday morning. WHEW! No rest for the weary. But I feel like I have a fairly decent schedule this semester. And I'm not working as of right now (my campus job told me the week of our wedding that they didn't have the funds/need for me anymore). I need to find a new job since the government has already allotted me the funds. But it's nice right now not having to worry about it.
Nick is still furloughed from his railroad job and we're hoping that he'll get called back any day. If not, he'll probably go back to his old, low-paying job for awhile until he does get called back and I feel like I should try to do something to contribute to the family as well. So pray for us that work comes soon.
I'll post pictures and more wedding and honeymoon info soon. TTFN.
1 comment:
So Sorry I missed your reception, but that is when I had my family reunion and we'd been painting my parents house all day. I do wish the plans would've worked out better because I'm sure you'd looked gorgeous. I can't wait to see the pics and am so jealous you went to NZ for your honeymoon.
Post a Comment