Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

I've been out of school for about 3 1/2 weeks and it has gone way too fast. I spent the first week of vacation here in Missoula, working a little, trying to suck as much money out of my financial aid work-study as I possibly could. I went to Idaho that next Saturday for our annual Leslie adult family Christmas party. This is where my parents, brothers, sisters-inlaw, and older nephew (and all nieces and nephews when they are "adults") get together for dinner and an activity, without the kids! It's a fun time to talk and enjoy one another just as adults. This year we ate dinner at Sizzler then played laser tag. It's always a good time. This is the first time my nephew has joined us, as he just turned 19. He's fun and it was enjoyable to spend that time with him before he goes on his mission in TWO WEEKS!!!!! WOW. His growing up sure makes me feel old...

I spent a week with my family in Firth during Christmas. It was fun, but not an overly relaxing time. My mom had been sick the entire week before with a bad case of the flu and didn't get any christmas shopping done. So when I got there, we spent at least 8 hours a day Monday-Wednesday getting ready, then I spent those evenings wrapping the presents. Before I knew it the week was over, as was the holiday and I was back to Missoula.

Coming back to Missoula that quickly was my choice. My mom would have preferred my company for the entire break. But I had plans to spend the week of New Years in Columbia Falls, MT with my boyfriend Nick and his family. I had a wonderful time. I really enjoy his family. We played games, watched TV shows on DVD, played in the snow, went skiing, and ate A LOT! It snowed A LOT while we were there and because we didn't leave the house much, it felt like we were in a winter wonderland mountainous cabin. I LOVED IT!!!!

Today I am home alone for the first time in weeks and it's a little sad. I got spoiled having Nick around all of the time and now that we're back to his insane work schedule, it's sad. But it's okay. His absence makes me appreciate him more, enjoy the time I do have with him, and eagerly anticipate his presence!!!

I have three more weeks of vacation until school starts again. I know it's going to go by way too fast. This weekend I will go to Firth for my nephew's missionary farewell. Hopefully Nick will get the time off work he has requested to go with me and we'll spend a few days with my family.

I've been meaning to post some new pictures for months. But I'm on my roommate's computer because mine is on the fritz and to put my pictures on my computer (because I don't want to load them on this one), put them on my travel drive and load them on here takes more time than I'm sometimes willing to put forth. I will post some soon, though. I don't have anything particularly interesting. But maybe something fun.

More to come, later...

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Sounds like a fun and busy holiday! The adult party sound like something our family should try. The kids are starting to take over! hehe