I took my last final this afternoon. Unfortuantely I don't feel as relieved as I had hoped to, but I think that is because I had already finished the worst of my tests/presentations yesterday. Monday I had my Chemistry final, for which I wasn't really stressed out about (I probably should have been, probably should have studied more. At that point, I'd just mentally checked out and did not care). I then came home to do a problem set for Social Statistics that was due that day (I'd kind of forgotten about it until I was going to bed the night before). No big deal, I thought. I'll come home, do it, and take it back to campus. But when I tried to pull the data up in SPSS (a statistics program) on my computer, it acted like it was no longer installed. Right then and there I had a near-break down. I desperately wanted to bawl my eyes out, crawl in a cave, and drop out of school. It was just mentally and emotionally spent. Luckily, I kept perservering and was able to pull the necessary information up and finish the assignment in time. But by then, the stress of the week still ahead had hit me and I was officially feeling the finals week stress.
Tuesday was really no big deal other than I was feeling EXTREMELY ill-prepared for my statistics test Wednesday moring. All semster long I'd been doing fairly well in the class, but this last section was definitely more difficult than the others and I needed extra help. Luckily I had a study session and I felt a lot better, but not totally comfortable with the interpretation of the data, which is really the toughest part. I'd been busy ALL day, either working, studying, or working on a presentation and by the time the study session was over, I'd been doing at least one of the aforementioned activities from 8 AM to 9 PM. I wound down from the day in the arms of an amazing man, went home to study MORE stats, went to bed (albeit not easily--too much on my mind), woke up at 5:50 AM to study AGAIN and was on campus by 7:30 AM for an 8 AM stats final. The day progressed with a breakfast at Cracker Barrell with my friend Chelsea (she was celebreating the conclusion of her last college final EVER--lucky), work, preparation for and presentation of a group project, and... studying for one last test. But after yesterday, I didn't feel too bad--it was almost like yesterday was the end and today was nothing.
So, to make a long story even longer, I have sucessfully completed a full semester of college. At the beginning I didn't know if I was going to survive. I felt very overwhelmed. But honestly, it turned out to not be so difficult. I definitely could have studied MORE, but the fact that I might make it out with NO C's (if I get any it will hopefully only be in Chemistry but I might get a B) is good enough for me.
Nothing school-related for me until Janaury 26, 2009!!
**Disclaimer: if the spelling is bad, it's because I couldn't get the spellchecker to work nor could I cut and paste into another program. Please bear with me...
No comments:
Post a Comment