Sunday, March 17, 2013

Life

I am obviously not a very good blogger. My baby girl is 5 1/2 months old and I haven't posted pictures or her birth story, though a lot is documented on Facebook. I'm mostly here to express myself in more depth; to express feelings that I feel inclined to write down/share. So bear with me. Nick and I have been building a house, through a contractor, since early December. It will be completed by early April and we're very excited. And this new step in our lives led me to this thought: I'm very grateful that, while Nick's job takes its toll on the family (i.e. he's gone a lot and sometimes misses family functions) he has a stable job in which he provides for Ava and I very well. And I'm grateful that I have the stability of this job and a home. I have friends who are just finishing advanced degrees (or their husbands are) and some of them don't know yet where they'll live or work. I'm grateful that I know where I'll be. And maybe these feelings are especially prevalent because I've been there, not knowing what my future held. But I'm glad that's behind me ... for now. I realize life takes many twists and turns and we could be sent on an adventure at any time. So I'll enjoy the moment til the moment's gone.

No comments: