Thursday, November 5, 2009
No Gas For Two Months
I filled my car up with gas at the beginning of the school semester, so sometime around the first part of September. I haven't had to fill it again until today. I am pretty excited about the money-saving that is happening because of this, but also curious. See, I don't feel like I'm driving that much less than I did before I got married. I drive to school four days a week, to stores about once a week, and lately we've been driving my car to church too. Before I got married, I'd drive to school, albeit five instead of four days a week and I'd drive to Nick's from my house pretty much every day. But Nick only lives a few blocks away from where I was living- no more than a mile. So I am driving not much less (and to me it feels about equal to) than I was before yet I am really saving on gas!! In those two months I only drove 226 miles, therefore I got about 16 mpg, which is terrible. When I drive on the freeway or highway more, I can get 30 or more. But oh well. Still, buying gas once every two months isn't too shabby!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment